Blaine Hummel has a diverse practice representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all areas of civil litigation. He has substantial experience in commercial litigation, real estate, title insurance, and catastrophic injury claims. Blaine has successfully tried numerous cases to verdict on behalf of his clients in state and federal court. In addition, he has extensive appellate experience, with an impressive record before the intermediate courts of appeal.
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
State Bar of Texas
Trinity University (B.A., 1995)
University of Texas (J.D., 1999)
All Texas State Courts
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
Representative Appellate Decisions
- Sommers v. Sandcastle Homes, Inc., 521 S.W.3d 749 (Tex. 2017).
- Old Republic Nat'l Title Ins. Co. v. Goldsmith, 2016 Tex. App. LEXIS 13337 (Tex.App.—Forth Worth 2016)(pet. Granted).
- O'Carolan v. GMAC Mortg. Co., 575 Fed. Appx. 446 (5th Cir. 2015).
- Moore v. Brenham Ready Mix, Inc., 463 S.W.3d 109 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2015, no pet.).
- Dailey v. Thorpe, 445 S.W.3d 785, 789 (Tex. App.—Houston [1st Dist.] 2014, no pet.).
- Pan v. Liu, 2014 Tex. App. LEXIS 7595 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist.] July 15, 2014, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Rem Servs. v. Zaheer, 2013 Tex. App. LEXIS 4354 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist., no pet). (mem. op.)
- WMC Mortg. Corp. v. Moss, 2011 WL 2089777, (Tex.App.-Houston [1st Dist.] May 19, 2011, no pet.) (mem. op.).
- Stockton v. Morgan, 2009 Tex. App. LEXIS 5261 (Tex.App.—Corpus Christi 2010)(no pet.).
- Banda v. Houston Title Co., 2010 WL 2901741 (Tex.App.-Houston [14 Dist.] 2010, no pet.)(mem. op).
- Vansteen Marine Supply, Inc. v. Twin City Fire Ins. Co., 2008 WL 599850 (Tex.App.-Corpus Christi 2008, pet. denied) (mem. op.)
- Summerville v. Allied Barton Sec. Servs., 248 S.W.3d 333 (Tex.App.-Houston [1st Dist] 2007, no pet.).
- Reid v. Compass Group USA, Inc., 172 S.W.3d 203 (Tex.App.-El Paso 2005, no pet.).